Cross Compile gnupg 1.4.7 on a Mac PPC for Mac Intel?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sat Jul 7 01:37:56 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 11:12:53PM +0200, Ludwig Hügelschäfer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did sombody succeed in cross compiling gnupg 1.4-series on a PPC-Mac for
> an Intel Mac? (both run Mac OS X 10.4.10)?
>
> If yes, what would I have to consider? Any specific configure-switches?

It's in the README:

    Building Universal Binaries on Apple OS X

    You can build a universal ("fat") binary that will work on both
    PPC and Intel Macs with something like:

    ./configure CFLAGS="-arch ppc -arch i386" --disable-endian-check \
		--disable-dependency-tracking --disable-asm

    If you are doing the build on a OS X 10.4 (Tiger) PPC machine you
    may need to add "-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk" to
    those CFLAGS.  Note that any third-party libraries you may link
    with need to be universal as well.  All Apple-supplied libraries
    (even libraries not originally written by Apple like curl, zip,
    and BZ2) are universal.

David