[Announce] GnuPG 2.0.5 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 6 18:30:03 CEST 2007

On Fri,  6 Jul 2007 17:40, bahamut at digital-signal.net said:

>>  * Basic support for Windows.
> Could you be more specific?

Well, you can run gpgsm and also gpg2 on Windows (tested with XPpro).
gpg-agent is fired up as required, gpg-connect-agent works and we will
eventually also make dirmngr work.  scdaemon should also work but I have
not tested it.  There is a basic pinentry port for native Windows
(pinentry 0.7.3, released today).  It not stable enough for production
use but we expect to have the major bugs squished out by November.

Building it is just the usual "./autogen.sh --build-w32" with all libs
already in place.  We will do a Gpg4win release next week which includes
all this stuff, although at that time only be useful at the command
line.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner