Compiling GnuPG 1.4.5 for Windows on Windows

Mica Mijatovic blueness at gmx.net
Tue Sep 12 00:59:01 CEST 2006

    Was Sat, 09 Sep 2006, at 11:28:26 -0500,
    when Troy wrote:

> [...]

Troy:

>>> I achieved a desired output by changing the the file g10/mainproc.c
>>> and compiled it using MSYS,
>>> only because I could not find po/gnupg.pot file to do translations.
>>> Can you tell me what problems I may run into and where exactly to
>>> find the gnupg.pot file

Mica:

>> gnupg.pot file is in the /po directory of compressed /gnupg-x.x.x
>> directory with source files, looking from MSYS/Cygwin/Linux, or in \po
>> folder of compressed \gnupg-x.x.x folder with source files, looking from
>> a Winblows' file manager.
>>
>> What problems you may run into... I don't know. <g>
>>
>> That was the reason I was not clear as to which one to modify, since
>> there are 42 of them (minus ChangeLog in /g10 and non English ones in
>> /po) having the same string/phrase. (-:

> Then Assuming I'm correct...
> using SVN files
> The change would take place in the g10/mainproc.c
> because in the SVN files there is no gnupg.pot file

> g10/mainproc.c:1681 g10/mainproc.c:1729
> c-format
> msgid "Good signature from \"%s\""
> msgstr ""

> because in the SVN files there is no gnupg.pot file

Yes, you are correct here, I was concentrated on the release version too
much, omitting thus the CVS/SVN ones; there's no this file there.

> I can only guess that there would be some translation problems should
> I try to compile a version other than "en" would this be correct?

As much as I myself could take insight into and understand this
mechanism, you are correct on this one too. In other, "localized",
files, I suppose the English part is (just) the model that has to be
translated, and thus not executed/displayed, while translated part is
executed/displayed.

- --
Mica
~~~ For personal mail please use my address as it is *exactly* given
    in my "From" field, otherwise it will not reach me. ~~~
GPG keys/docs/software at: http://blueness.port5.com/pgpkeys/
                           http://tronogi.tripod.com/pgp/pgpkeys/