Decrypted files are missing their extension

Paul Adams pmadams at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 17:00:05 CEST 2006

I'm looking through the man pages and docs and not seeing a switch
option to check.  If I receive a file call it Bob.pgp and decrypt it
using my gui based PGP 8 client it decrypts to Bob.txt but if I do it
from the commandline using GnuPG I get a file named Bob with no
extension.  Is there a way to make it look at the real file name
inside the archive?  I will work around it if need be as I really need
the command line functionality more then I need the naming to be
correct but I'm guessing that I'm missing something stupid to make it
work.

Thanks for any pointers!
Paul Adams