Problems to import and export private keys using GnuPG v2.

Vini Engel vini at fugspbr.org
Thu Nov 23 04:55:17 CET 2006

Hi guys,

I have just installed FC6 with GnuPG v2 and am now having problems to import
my previous private keys, funnily the same problems happens if I try to
export the key that I generated using gpg2.

When I try to import the key I get a message saying that "importing secret
keys not allowed" - see below. The same happens if I try to export a private
key.

$ gpg --import private.pgp
gpg: importing secret keys not allowed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:       secret keys read: 1

I think I must be missing something very small as importing and exporting keys
should be trivial. Would anyone know the solution for this?

Thanks a lot,
Vini