Cipher v public key.

David Gray david.gray at turpin-distribution.com
Tue May 30 16:08:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

Yes I've had a few people tell me that the version I'm using needs
upgrading so I'm going to download the latest version from HP.

I would like the exchange of encrypted data to be using asymmetric keys and
this
is the route I'm trying to steer the customer.  They have said they want
AES256 as
the encryption algo but are open to advice on symmetric v asymmetric.

A concern they have expressed is that if we use pubkey then the secret key
needs
to be generated by me. they don't seem too keen on this as they would like
have control over this and have the option to change the key twice a year.

As I understand it this then means we have to look at secure options
for them distributing the secret key to me.  They are looking into a
commerical method
for key delivery right now.

Whilst typing this message the download link has arrived for GPG from HP.
The version they
host is...

GNUPG-1_2_3_AXP.EXE    !     for Alpha
GNUPG-1_2_3_VAX.EXE    !     for VAX

Anyone know if the later versions are available for VMS?

Thanks
Dave