BZIP2 algorithm isn't supported after compiling gnupg from source code

John Clizbe JPClizbe at comcast.net
Fri Jan 6 22:59:05 CET 2006

lusfert wrote:
> John Clizbe wrote on 05.01.2006 19:50:
> OK, I tried again. Here is configure log:
> http://lusfert.land.ru/files/configure_log
>
> It contains these lines:
> -----
> checking whether to enable the BZIP2 compression algorithm... yes
> checking for bzlib.h... no
> -----
>
>> BZIP2 support won't be built if configure cannot find the bzlib.h include file
>> and the libbz2 library. You may need to 'help' configure find the bzip2 library.
>> configure's --help will tell you:
>>
>>   --with-bzip2=DIR        look for bzip2 in DIR
>>
> But what directory should I write here?

find / -name bzlib.h -print

If you don't have it you can probably get it from the bzip2 source. If the test
for libbz2 after this fails, you'll likely need to build your own BZIP2.

Come on, Debianistas. I know there are Debian users out there who can answer all
of this.

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe(a)comcast DOT nyet
Golden Bear Networks             PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10