Signed patch against 2.0.1

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Dec 8 09:21:51 CET 2006

On Thu,  7 Dec 2006 20:01, tmz at pobox.com said:

> point others to the signed patch.  If any of the list owners have some
> free time I'd be happy to try to get that corrected or take it to the
> mailman-users list for advice if need be.  (It seems that the content
> filter settings for the list may be a little aggressive.)

Basically I am the list owner :-(.  I already installed a new version
of Mailman and tried to rebuild it.  However it mixed up the numbers
and thus most existing URLs won't be correct anymore.  The attachments
fgailed too, though.  So what I did is to manually edit the HTML
version to include at least the full text.

Recently I had another issue.  Pipermail break the message if it sees
a ">From " at the beginning of a line.  I also had to resort to manual
editing.

> BTW, I really like your Content-Type boundary string. :)

A gadget posted to the Gnus list some years ago:

  (defun spook-make-boundary (&optional count)
    (save-excursion
      (set-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *spook tmp*"))
      (setq buffer-disable-undo t)
      (spook)
      (subst-char-in-region (point-min) (point-max) ?\n ?= t)
      (subst-char-in-region (point-min) (point-max) ?   ?- t)
      (prog1
  	(buffer-substring (point-min) (min 70 (point-max)))
        (kill-buffer (current-buffer)))))
  (setq mml-boundary-function 'spook-make-boundary)

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner