Problem building 2.0.1

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Fri Dec 8 08:08:37 CET 2006

David Shaw wrote the following on 12/7/06 5:48 PM:
> On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 10:21:18AM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
>> On Wed,  6 Dec 2006 08:23, shavital at mac.com said:
>>
>>> -----
>>> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
>>> _libiconv
>> Well, you need a proper iconv installation too.  We need too do have
>> an extra test for it in case NLS has been disabled.  NLS requires
>> iconv anyway but there is some otehr code in gpg which needs it too.
>
> OSX has iconv already.  I see a problem in the Makefiles that we're
> not linking to it though.  I've fixed this in svn, and 2.0 now builds
> more or less (still some doc/ issues) on my OSX box.
>
> Here's a patch for the various people who have had a problem.
>
> David
[...]

Hi David,
thanks for your support of MacOSX.

Running MacOSX 10.4.8, on a PPC, GnuPG 1.4.6 already installed and
running, as well as gpg2 1.9.20.

1. Patch applied:
- ----------
$ cd /Users/shavital/Desktop/gnupg-2.0.1/
Charly-Avitals-PBG4:~/Desktop/gnupg-2.0.1 shavital$ patch -p0 <
/Users/shavital/Desktop/gnupg-2.0-osx-iconv.patch
patching file tools/Makefile.am
patching file g10/Makefile.am
patching file agent/Makefile.am
- ----------

2. End of ./configure:
- -----------------
GnuPG v2.0.1 has been configured as follows:

        Platform:  Darwin (powerpc-apple-darwin8.8.0)

        S/MIME:    yes
        Agent:     yes
        Smartcard: yes

        Protect tool:      (default)
        Default agent:     (default)
        Default pinentry:  (default)
        Default scdaemon:  (default)
        Default dirmngr:   (default)

        PKITS based tests: no
- ------------------

3. End of make:
- ------------------
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_libiconv
_libiconv_close
_libiconv_open
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [kbxutil] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks in advance for any further suggestion/assistance whenever you can.

Charly
KeyOnCard at:
<http://homepage.mac.com/shavital/iblog/B788933981/C1591872826/E20061125110933/index.html>