encrypt the sent folder

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Dec 5 20:03:13 CET 2006

Eray Aslan wrote:
> How can I make sure that all the emails in my Sent folder are encrypted
> and can't be read without my private key?  In other words, I want my
> email in my Sent folder to be encrypted even though the email sent on
> the wire is plain text.

This is not a task for GnuPG.  This is a task for an encrypted file
system.  On OS X, look into using encrypted home directories (System
Preferences-->Security).  On Windows, I've found TrueCrypt to be a
pretty good solution.  On Linux, look into cryptoloop.

> Email client is Thunderbird/Enigmail.  Mails are stored on IMAP server
> if it makes any difference.

It does.  You need your IMAP server to run the encrypted file system.