Migrating from PGP TO GPG

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Fri Sep 16 17:02:29 CEST 2005

amit bhalerao abhalerao at apple.com
Tue Sep 13 23:01:14 CEST 2005

.

>1. We are generating a public private key on HOST system using GPG
.
>2. This keys are exported to external vendor system. Vendor will
be
encrypting the file using PGP (not sure about compatibilty)
>3. Files are then decrypted on host system using GPG mechanism.

there are only two areas of potential difficulties:

(1) comment or version line wrapping (not unlikely)
gnupg will stop trying to decrypt if the pgp version line or
comment line wraps to the next line

(2) if the vendors use a shared or split key system (unlikely)

otherwise gnupg can handle everything pgp can,
[and then some :-) ]

vedaal