GNupg not working on tru64

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 14 18:39:22 CET 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:29:19 +0100, Patrick Marquetecken said:

> We have installed gnupg-1.0.7.Tru64-v5.1A on a HP True 65  5.1 and it won't encrypt, it starts but never ends.

You need to ask the vendor ;-)

> We have tried precompiled sources, compiled the source itselve but the result is always the same.
> I don't seem to find a random_seed file coud this be the problem?
> I have the idee that gnupg is something missing.

I don't know how thisn version has been configured, but given that it
is free software you have all sources and required tools to build it.
So you can check.

The random-seed is not required but a cache gpg creates if possible.
You might want to fire up truss to see what files gpg opens.  My guess
is that it has been configured for use with EGD and you have not
installed it or the socket has the wrong permissions.

If it is not a workstation you should generate some disk activity
(e.g. running: fdisk /usr -print) to hel the entropy gatherer.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner