WinPT on Windows NT problem

Timo Schulz twoaday at freakmail.de
Thu Apr 7 19:37:05 CEST 2005

On Thu Apr 07 2005; 08:36, Thomas Kippenberg wrote:

> which means, that the system was not able to find the procedure entry
> point "SHGetSpecialFolderPathA" in the SHELL32.dll.

Hmm, it works with 98 (no SE).

> The version of my SHELL32.dll is 4.00.

That's the problem. You need 4.32 (or anything close to it or newer).

> Does this mean, WinPT does no longer support Windows NT (like Microsoft...)?

WinPT supports all Windows versions (95 limited). The problem is that some
OS components are too old. This is also a problem for other programs and
not just WinPT. If you update the Internet Explorer, you will get a newer
version of the needed components. You can also use the MS update site to
get a recent version.

        Timo