SC-Reader with pinpad and GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Apr 7 18:33:48 CEST 2005

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:55:20 +0200 (CEST), pheaneas  said:

> I would like to know if there is a way to tell GnuPG that the reader
> I use (which is a Reiner-SCT cyberJack pinpad USB and which works
> fine) actually has a pinpad. I still have to type in my passphrase

There are two problems:

There is no common interface under Windows to access a pinpad.  This
needs to be done using proprietary driver extensions.

Under GNU/Linux and other systems supported by libusb, we have the
code ready to access the pinpad of some readers.  However, we need
design an internal API to test whether a read has a pinpad and whether
it shall be used.

Eventually there will be support for it but it will take a while.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner