Bug: Unusable key

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Feb 5 12:12:43 CET 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 11:23:59AM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:36:04AM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> > This is a little difficult since the reason is not always easy to say
> > in a simple error message.  For example, given a key with two subkeys,
> > one is expired, and one is revoked.  What should the error message
> > say?
>
> You should be marking an error condition, and then trying the next
> key, and marking another error condition, then you should list them
> all.

Unless I misunderstand your suggestion, that would mean that in cases
where a user has a collection of old expired subkeys (and the one
current one), there will be a whole lot of output about "subkey xxxxx
expired" every time the key was used.  Messy.

Even if the error list was only printed if there were no usable
(sub)keys at all, over time the list would just get longer and longer.

David