Passphrase

Robert Kerry robert.kerry@thephpsite.com
Wed Sep 3 20:47:02 2003

Hi John,

> Searching the list archives for passphrase && stdin should
> give you a wealth
> of examples for just about any environment. 'passphrase' alone in the
> subject line produced around 340 matches.

Thanks, I found the MLM from Google so I didn't know about
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com :o)

I found a post which gives me exactly what I need, although for my own
sanity can you tell me how GnuPG knows that $passphrase is the
passphrase and $msg is the message in the stdin?

$command="echo '$passphrase\n$msg' | gpg --clearsign --passphrase-fd 0"

Thanks,

Rob

---