Generating keys for several email addresses.

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Mon Sep 1 09:06:02 2003

--WChQLJJJfbwij+9x

On 01-Sep-2003, Heiko Teichmeier wrote:
> Ben Finney schrieb:
> > Certainly.  You can have multiple "uid" records on a single key, and
> > this is the recommended way to show multiple identifiers for the
> > same person on the key.
>
> Ok, but I'd heard that these feature is not PGP-kompatible - or is it
> not so?

PGP doesn't do subkeys or multiple UIDs, AFAIK; you won't be able to
take your GPG key and use it in PGP without some loss of information.
However, the public-key, signature and encryption blocks generated are
still compatible with the PGP protocol, and readable by PGP clients.

--=20
 \      "For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier. I put |
  `\      them in the same room and let them fight it out."  -- Steven |
_o__)                                                           Wright |
Ben Finney <ben@benfinney.id.au>

--WChQLJJJfbwij+9x

--WChQLJJJfbwij+9x--