secret keys and public keys

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Tue Oct 14 13:46:21 CEST 2003

On Monday 13 October 2003 22:49, Russell O'Connor wrote:
> [To: gnupg-users at gnupg.org]
>
> 1. Are there tools to take a subkey from one key and transfer it to be the
> subkey of another key, or do I have to write my own?

AFAICT, the --allow-unsigned-subkeys option (analogous to the
--allow-non-selfsigned-uid option) does not exist. So, you could use gpgsplit
to get the subkey you want, but you won't get gpg to import that new subkey,
and you won't be able to create the missing binding signature.

cheers
-- vbi

--
featured link: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro