[OT-Seriously!]: Anarchist Politician

Stewart V. Wright svwright+lists at amtp.liv.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 11:31:00 CEST 2003

Yeah, I know this is seriously OT, but I couldn't let it go...

G'day Atom,

* Atom 'Smasher' <atom-gpg at suspicious.org> [031010 06:10]:
> who ever said anything is wrong with being an anarchist politician? of

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

Anarchist: One who advocates anarchy of aims at the overthrow of civil
           government.
Anarchy: Absence of government; the state of society where there is no
         law or supreme power; a state of lawlessness; political
	 confusion.
Politician: One devoted to politics.
Politics: The science of government; that part of ethics which has to
          do with the regulation and government of a nation or state,
	  the preservation of its safety, peace, and prosperity, the
	  defence of its existence and rights against foreign control
	  or conquest, the augmentation of its strength and resources,
	  and the protection of its citizens in their rights, with the
	  preservation and improvement of their morals.

Aren't they mutually exclusive?

       Anarchist   &&   Politician
   (! Government ) && ( Government )

It's a bit of a logical conundrum.

Or are you using some other definitions of anarchist and politician?

S.

--
European Citizens: Please do a little work to convince the European
Parliament to reject software patents. This page explains the issue