Problem with tar ball

Servie Platon servie_platon@yahoo.com
Fri May 23 19:36:04 2003

--0-665279029-1053711380=:1683

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded gnupg-1.2.2.tar.gz from your site. I use the HowTo document as my reference and in doing this procedure. However, when I did:

# tar xvzf gnu-1.2.2.tar.gz

I got an Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers and invalid compressed data--crc error as well as invalid compressed data--length error which eventually exited from the process.

Does this mean that the tar that I have downloaded is corrupted or is there something that I should have done before issuing the tar command? Or should I just download the gnupg-1.2.2-1mdk91.i586.rpm instead and run the rpm command?

I use RH 9 with minimum installation. Hope to hear from anyone soon. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Servie

--0-665279029-1053711380=:1683

<DIV>Hi everyone,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have downloaded gnupg-1.2.2.tar.gz from&nbsp;your site.&nbsp;I use the HowTo document as my reference and&nbsp;in doing this procedure. However, when I did:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV># tar xvzf gnu-1.2.2.tar.gz</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I got&nbsp;an Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers and invalid compressed data--crc error as well as invalid compressed data--length error which eventually exited from the process.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Does this mean that the tar that I have downloaded is corrupted or is there something that I should have done before issuing the tar command? Or should I just download the&nbsp;gnupg-1.2.2-1mdk91.i586.rpm instead and run the rpm command?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I use RH 9 with minimum installation. Hope to hear from anyone soon. Thanks in advance.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Best regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Servie</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>