Encouraging email security.

René Clerc rene@clerc.nl
Wed May 21 16:35:02 2003

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

* Mark H. Wood <mwood@IUPUI.Edu> [21-05-2003 16:23]:

> On Mon, 19 May 2003, darren chamberlain wrote:
> [snip good point about embracing the diversity of email clients]
> > <sarcasm>Anyway, who needs KMail/Mozilla mail/etc when mutt works
> > just as well (better, I'd argue ;), and is smaller, faster, and more
> > portable, too?</sarcasm>
>=20
> And who needs mutt when we have pine? :-)  (See, I agree with you.)

Well, we need mutt for...  (read on)

> BTW pine works just fine with gpg, thanks to pgpenvelope (or pgp4pine,
> but I've switched).  Now if I could find a way to make pine handle S/MIME
> as well, without giving up OpenPGP, I'd be all set.

S/MIME support ;-)

> (A brief look at the gaggle of RFCs required to describe S/MIME
> suggests that it won't be quite so easy.)

IIRC, the addition of S/MIME support to mutt wasn't too much a hassle;
mutt already used OpenSSL anyway...

--=20
Ren=E9 Clerc                      - (rene@clerc.nl)

30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and
    cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My
    foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source
    of comic relief.

-"Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord"

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA--