gnupg encrypted mail and malware/spam

Joseph Bruni jbruni@mac.com
Mon May 12 07:03:02 2003

You hit the nail on the head here. If the most virus-vulnerable
software were not also the most common, the anti-virus companies would
be nearly out of business.

As an IT manager, it is intellectually dishonest to continue to try to
play both sides of the game here: One cannot on the one hand claim to
be for system security, cost effectiveness, etc., while at the same
time continue to support and recommend software from Microsoft. To do
so is merely paying lip-service and is professionally dishonorable.

To establish a corporate policy banning the use of encryption because
"someone might slip through a Windows virus" is reprehensible. If one
of my employees ever recommended something like that I would fire him.