feature request

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Sun May 4 10:16:03 2003

Joseph Bruni wrote:

>Here is why: On Mac OS X, files and directories whose name begins with
>a dot are not visible in the Finder or in any other program using the
>standard Open File and Save File routines. Apple does this to honor the
>Unix tradition of considering such objects as "invisible".

This is bullshit from Apple. All Unix backup tools I know of backup such
files. Onlyt from files ending with a ~, which are often backup files from
editors, and files in /tmp are often excluded. They should fix their GUI
tools.

BTW, doesn't OS X have something like ls -la?

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html