Encoding?

vedaal@hush.com vedaal@hush.com
Thu Jul 17 17:20:03 2003

>Message: 3
>Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:54:31 -0400
>From: CL Gilbert <Lamont_Gilbert@RigidSoftware.com>
>To: GNUPG <gnupg-users@gnupg.org>
>Subject: Encoding?

>Is their a way I can modify gpg or use a special key or some such
>to get
>gpg to encode as opposed to encrypting?  Like simply increase the
>ascii
>value of all chars by 1.  Or something simple like that, just as
>a fun
>exercise?

you could use the --enarmor command,
or,
-a --store,

it will just ascii armor encode the file, and not encrypt,
and does not need any key or passphrase

then if you want,
you can do the 'fun' transformation on the ascii armored message block
afterwards
{ rot-1,  rot-2,  rot-13,  or even rot-26  ;-)  }

hth,

vedaal

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434