Removing passphrases and setting output file?

Joseph Bruni brunij@earthlink.net
Thu Feb 20 02:07:01 2003

Decrypting a file will require either a secret key with no passphrase
or a passphrase supplied via a file descriptor specified on the
--passphrase-fd option. If the file containing the passphrase is as
readable as your secret ring, you might as well not have a passphrase
and save yourself some work.

Encrypting a file should not require a passphrase unless you want to
sign it too. --output should work in order to set the name of the
output file. What is the command line you are using for encrypting?