Entering passphrase under Windows XP

Peter Schott pschott at drivefinancial.com
Fri Dec 19 10:26:32 CET 2003

Luigi, try this at a DOS prompt:

ECHO YourPassPhrase| c:\gnupg\gpg.exe --passphrase-fd 0 --quiet --batch --yes --output C:\%NEWFILE% --decrypt %1

This should attempt to enter your passphrase through a DOS command as an input parameter to the decryption.  If this works, it's probalby not DOS, but the way the program runs the DOS shell or passes the parameters.  If you can see what it runs in the shell, you might be able to add a PAUSE statement to see any error messages that are popping up as well.

-Pete Schott