CPAN GPG-0.06 Help - Secret Key Unavailable

Robert Curry rob.curry at infotech247.com
Fri Dec 5 12:02:23 CET 2003

Hi,

I am extremely new to both Perl and GPG.  I have managed to get a perl
script to use the CPAN GPG-0.06 module and it successfully creates a GPG
object but when I attempt to clearsign anything I get a "secret key not
available" error.

DEBUG TEXT:

******************************************************************** COMMAND
: /usr/local/bin/gpg -a --homedir ./.gnupg --batch --no-comment --no-version
$self->{'homedir'} : ./.gnupg $self->{'config'} : $self->{'armor'} : 1
$self->{'debug'} : 1
******************************************************************** New GPG
object successfully created ------------------------------------------
******************************************************************** COMMAND
: /usr/local/bin/gpg -a --homedir ./.gnupg --batch --no-comment --no-version
--passphrase-fd 0 --default-key INFOTECH247 --clearsign [PID 1471] STDIN :
iloveapple month: all STDOUT : WARNING : STDERR : gpg: no default secret
key: secret key not available gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: secret key not
available
******************************************************************** signed
text : ------------------------------------------

Has anyone experienced this? Or any ideas why it might be happening?

Kind Regards,

Rob Curry
Internet Developer | Infotech 24 7 Limited

[w] http://www.infotech247.com
[e] rob.curry at infotech247.com
[t] 0845 1300 558

This email message and any attachments are intended for the addressee only.
The contents are confidential and subject to copyright protection by law.
Whilst we take every precaution to prevent the spread of all know viruses,
Infotech 24-7 accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
this email's use, including damage from viruses.