Gnus

Simon Josefsson jas@extundo.com
Tue Sep 24 14:04:01 2002

Cord Kielhorn <kielhorn@openit.de> writes:

> Let me take the opportunity to ask the Gnus
> users/maintainers/contributors on this list whether anybody knows
> something about the future plans of GnuPG (OpenPGP) integration into
> Gnus? (Josh,Florian,Simon?)

The current OpenPGP integration in Emacs has copyright assignment
problems, Mailcrypt is not FSF owned and it is probably too late to
find out who wrote exactly what.  Gpg.el had problems too which
lawyers supposedly was looking on, but I'm not sure what become of it.

However, there is a third OpenPGP backend with FSF copyrights that can
be used.  I remember integrating it in my local Gnus tree some time
ago, but either I never asked FSF if they had papers for it or I
didn't get a response.  I'll take a look...