HushMail interoperability

David Benfell gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Mon Sep 2 06:41:01 2002

--WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu

On Mon, 02 Sep 2002 05:16:18 +0200, David Pic=F3n =C1lvarez wrote:
>=20
> This is a bit off topic but I've been trying to make this work with no
> results. HushMail people say they're system is openpgp interoperable. Gnu=
PG
> people say GnuPG is openpgp interoperable. From these two statements I re=
ad
> that I can use gnupg to communicate securely with HushMail users. Is this
> correct? Has anyone managed? Are there specific settings (key type or
> length, for example) I must use to achieve this?
>=20
I'm being forced to conclude that the answer is no.

I found an example e-mail from a hushmail user which was signed.  All
such e-mails include a trailer stating that the signature may be
verified at https://www.hushtools.com/ .

So I went to the site, wondering how this was going to work.  I'm
still waiting for the "applet" to load.  I also see the following
message:

"Keep in mind that you must sign in before signing or decrypting
data."  That would seem to imply that you would have to have an
account with hushmail before you could decrypt anything sent to you
from a hushmail user.

And I'm still waiting for that applet to load so I can see if I can
even verify the key.

--=20
David Benfell, LCP
benfell@parts-unknown.org