adjusting the key verification level after signing it

gpg-users@interlinx.bc.ca gpg-users@interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jul 1 15:48:02 2002

--5AmMYR4IdY8MW34f

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 09:37:11AM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
>=20
> No, there isn't.  The class (aka "verification level") of a signature
> is part of the signature itself, and changing it would invalidate the
> signature.

OK.  Makes sense.

> What you can do is either delete or revoke

Are you saying that I can either delete the signature or revoke it, or
are you just using "revoke" to clarify your use of "delete" (i.e.
delete and revoke are the same thing)?

> the old signature and then
> re-sign the key with whatever class you like.

When I revoke a signature what happens exactly?  Is my signature still
present in the key and another "blob" of data added revoking it, or
does my signature get removed altogether?  I don't really want to
bloat the keys by adding a "revoking blob" plus yet another signature.
I want to physically replace my signature with another signtuare if
that is at all possible.

Thanx,
b.

--=20