A bug in version 1.2.1?

Ingo Klöcker ingo.kloecker@epost.de
Sat Dec 14 01:51:55 2002

--Boundary-02=_xBo+9sFsrCNUaA5

On Thursday 12 December 2002 03:29, Michael Nahrath wrote:

> > That's not entirely true. KMail will not allow the usage of
> > untrusted keys. The keys don't have to be necessarily signed by the
> > user himself.
> >
> > Anyway, I will probably make it possible to use untrusted keys
> > after showing a confirmation dialog like you proposed.
>
> What do you mean by "trust"?
>
> Does it help to raise the level of "trust" for a key you want to
> encrypt to (by doing 'gpg --edit-key 0x12345678 trust' upon this
> key)?

No. I'm not talking about the ownertrust. I'm talking about the "key=20
trust" resp. the validity of the key. (Unfortunately "trust" is used=20
for two different things in GnuPG.)

A key is valid if
a) it's an ultimately trusted key (like your own keys)
b) it's signed by yourself
c) it's signed with a valid key of a person you trust

Regards,
Ingo