AW: Robot CA at toehold.com

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Sat Dec 7 12:46:02 2002

--=-ttPD2bz6w98S8f0+Z+oe

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 18:01, Kyle Hasselbacher wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 10:37:28AM -0600, Kyle Hasselbacher wrote:
> >[periodic challenges]

> On second thought, I'd rather expire signatures and make people get new
> ones.  If your service goes away and stops challenging the users, then th=
> signatures hang around forever.  I'd rather they all expire forever.

That's why I'd have the signatures expire after a relatively long time
(5 years or so). So, if the service goes away, there's only a limited
window where any damage can be done.

I think 5 years is reasonable - not many people I've known have changed
their email address frequently, especially the private email address.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
this email is protected by a digital signature:  http://fortytwo.ch/gpg