Policy URLs

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Fri Dec 6 14:00:02 2002

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 10:58:48AM +0100, Kai Raven wrote:
> Hallo David,
>
> On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:29:19 -0000 you wrote:
>
> > I was wondering whether GnuPG 1.2.1 has support to add a policy URL,
>
> --set-policy-url string
> when signing a key
> --show-policy-url
> for --lists-sigs or --check-sigs
>
> > but maybe there could be some flags like "This key will only
> > sign keys following protocol XYZ"
>
> --notation-data info="this key signs..."

Note that the OpenPGP standard doesn't like people to use any tag name
they like ("info" in the above example).  The standard asks that
people who want to make up their own tags use a tag name like
"info@some.domain.com".  You can use your email address for example,
but the only important thing is that it has a '@' in there somewhere.

1.2.2 enforces this, by the way.

David