Encrypting to different UIDs ? Use of subkeys ?

Toxik - Fabian Rodriguez Fabian.Rodriguez@Toxik.com
Wed Apr 24 14:41:01 2002

Hello,

I'd like to know if it makes any difference to encrypt data to different
UIDs of the same key. This may not make sense, but I am using WinPT and all
UIDs of a key are presented when choosing a key to encrypt to. I think it's
rather confusing, but wanted to make sure.

And another more general question, does this apply to subkeys ? What would
be the use of creating/having subkeys ? The FAQ only mentions "use in an
automated environment" (4.14).

Thanks for any information,

Fabián Rodríguez - Toxik Technologies, Inc.
www.toxik.com ˇ (514) 528-6945 @221