import public-private key

Wayne Chapeskie waynec@spinnaker.com
Thu Oct 4 00:38:01 2001

The source for the remove/restore passphrase procedure may be the "PGP5-GnuPG HOWTO" document; there is a link to this on http://www.gnupg.org/docs.html. This HOWTO refers to the original Unix PGP 5.0; that version apparently did not have an option to export a secret key, so the HOWTO instructed you to use GPG to extract the secret key from the PGP keyring, after removing the passphrase. I don't know why GPG couldn't handle the PGP passphrase. Presumably, later Unix versions of PGP are able to export secret keys. -- Wayne Chapeskie GPG/PGP KeyID: 0xB9D2D272