Compiling gnupg-1.0.6 on the OSF/1

Kjetil Kjernsmo kjetil.kjernsmo@astro.uio.no
Wed May 30 14:31:01 2001

Dear all,

Up to recently, my geek code said PGP-, but now suddenly a matter has
developed rather urgently, and I guess one doesn't realize the value of
encryption before one really needs it.... :-) I hope you will excuse my
lack of lurking and my plead for urgent help.

We are trying to compile gnupg on the alpha running Tru64. We have access
to machines running everything from OSF/1 v 4.0 to 5.0. We have used
mainly a machine which is characterized by alphaev56-dec-osf4.0e.
A friend compiled 1.0.5 yesterday, and it seemed to work, and then I found
that 1.0.6 had been released, so he tried another go, but there seems to
be a problem with the Makefile...?

The make stops with the following:
Making all in tools
make[2]: Entering directory
`/a/mn/mothallah/u1/larskd/gnupg/gnupg-1.0.6/tools'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `-liconv', needed by `mpicalc'.  Stop.

Any ideas?

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Graduate astronomy-student                    Problems worthy of attack