Kmail and gpg freeze

Ben Paul Wise bwise@sito.saic.com
Wed May 9 14:06:01 2001

Brian,

I've encountered the same. The problem is that KMail waits on gpg, until gpg
returns from a search of your favorite server. So, to be literal, KMail is
not 'freezing', just 'waiting'. Killing gpg is one way to end the wait;
waiting a few minutes until gpg times out is another.

Having KMail run gpg in the background would be a better solution - but that
goes to the KMail mailing list!

-- Ben Wise, PhD Mobile: 703-731-5144 SAIC GnuPG ID: 0xF491BD21 http://www.saic.com bwise@sito.saic.com