Windoze Registry

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Aug 7 14:55:01 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 06:23:53 -0500, Daryl Krauter said:

> 1) Might it be possible in an upcoming release to reference
> the HomeDir from the Registry Key "\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"?
> Obviously, this makes the same keyring available to all users with
> just one registry setting. Perhaps a group's "common" keys go in
> that keyring, and the user's specific keys go in their keyring.
Although it is unwise to use encryption on a multi user machine, it is often used and therefore we can't assign a keyring to a machine.
> 2) Should I be using '--homedir' on the command-line to make this
> work from the Task Scheduler?
> Of course, you can't place this in the options file, because
> gpg has to know HomeDir to read the options
That's what I would do if it is running in the context of another user. And yes, --homedir and a few other options are processed before reading an options file. -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus