GnuPG 1.0.4-1 + IDEA for Windows

Keith Ray aphex@nullify.org
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 01:18:04 -0600 (CST)

Quoting ESP <evangelo@pigdog.org>:

> KR> Can I get a cease-and-desist letter on FSF letterhead, please?
>
> Why waste everybody's time and be a humongous dickhead? You know now
> why IDEA was not included in GnuPG, you're doing something that is
> going to draw lightning to yourself and GnuPG eventually, and there's
> no good reason for it.
I guess that's why no one has EVER asked for an IDEA capable Windows version? I guess there are no Windows users who might want to communicate with PGP 2.6x users or use most remailers?
> Do you have a point you're trying to prove? Like, "Screw you for
> making this nice program for me."? "Go to hell, FSF and Werner Koch,
> for having thought through the issues about GnuPG and IDEA much more
> than I have."? I can't really see one.
I am not trying to prove a point. I merely wish to allow those who want a GnuPG+IDEA binary to be able to have one. I give it away free and provide source. Isn't that the point of Free Software? If commercial users don't want it, they can download the official release. But for all noncommercial users, there is NO reason why they shouldn't be able to have IDEA support.
> There's not some Goliath here that you can play David to, man. Please
> act like an adult and take down your binary.
The no patents clause of the GPL is stupid! Why can't we provide TWO versions and let the users decide which best meets there needs? The unix users have had this choice for some time, why are the Window's users less deserving? I am not taking anything away from Werner or anyone else. So it's real simple. Either leave me alone and let the users decide which version they want, or force me to stop. I am not trying to steal anyone's work or make money off it. I am merely adding some much requested functionality. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Keith Ray aphex@nullify.org http://www.nullify.org PGP - 0xAE1B3529 - 8227 60E5 BAA5 9461 CAB3 A6F2 4DFE F573 AE1B 3529 -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org