Same problem with MacPorts (Re: libassuan duplicate symbol)

Ralph Seichter ralph at ml.seichter.de
Sun Jul 14 21:55:00 CEST 2024

* Bevan Kay:

> We are seeing the same duplicate symbol build error when trying to build
> libassuan 3.0.1 at Homebrew.

Your post reminded me of giving the MacPorts build a shot. I bumped the
existing libassuan port [1] to version 3.0.1, and the build fails at the
linking stage [2] with "duplicate symbol".

  [1] https://seichter.de/tmp/build-mp-1720985931.diff
  [2] https://seichter.de/tmp/build-mp-1720985931.log

Is anybody among the libassuan developers able to look into this issue?
I have not yet heard from anyone who was able to build libassuan 3.0.1
on macOS. Thank you.

-Ralph