Showing signatures for exported/unimported keys using the Python GPGME bindings

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Aug 23 18:24:46 CEST 2024

On Friday, 23 August 2024 17:03:11 CEST Paul Boddie via Gnupg-devel wrote:

> So, I think I am mostly left wondering whether this treatment or lack of
> treatment of the mode was intentional in GPGME for keylist_data, or whether
> it was an oversight that can be remedied.

Reviewing the sources in the gpgme repository, I see that
_gpgme_engine_op_keylist_data does propagate the mode through to the
keylist_data operation, and that gpg_keylist_data does use the mode to
introduce --with-sig-check into the command invocation.

These changes apparently fixed GPG bug #5438. So, the problem for me, at
least, was the use of an older version of the library on my system - 1.14 -
whereas the bug seems to have been fixed for version 1.18 and later:

https://dev.gnupg.org/rMb2a2158384a9f048ff61ee0cebef8346055f0454

Sorry for the noise on this topic!

Paul