Errors compiling libgpg-error

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Aug 8 09:00:10 CEST 2024

Hello!

On Wed,  7 Aug 2024 20:56, Gordon Steemson said:

> apparently also worked.  What is the story behind this variable, and
> why is it not apparently declared anywhere?

ENVIRON is a standard Unix variable pointing to the environment data
block.  That is what getenv works on.  Meanwhile this varibale is
declared in unistd.h but before that it was common to declare it in your
source.

> Second, perhaps out of a sense of obsessive completism, I tried to
> enable the ./configure option for timestamped logging.  This resulted
> in an undeclared macro or some such (it is called "CLOCK_REALTIME")
> jamming the compiler.  This macro, or preprocessor constant or

That is define in time.h and part of the clock_gettime function .

I'll check whether we really need it.

Thanks for reporting.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein