2.3.1: compilation result without dirmngr (due to --disable-ldap?)

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Wed Jul 28 17:04:19 CEST 2021

Hello.

I had a shallow memory of seeing this problem fly by, but from
looking over the archive headlines i saw nothing, and the
bugtracker also did not show up anything related for dimngr
yesterday (from the headlines).  On CRUX-Linux there is

  # Depends on: libgcrypt libksba pinentry npth
  ..
  name=gnupg
  version=2.3.1
  release=1
  source=(https://gnupg.org/ftp/gcrypt/$name/$name-$version.tar.bz2)

  build () {
    cd $name-$version

    ./configure --prefix=/usr \
      --libexecdir=/usr/lib \
      --disable-nls \
      --disable-ldap

    make
    make DESTDIR=$PKG install

and the compilation does not include dirmngr, making the entire
installation useless.  (I personally still use gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.23,
but just had the idea of doing WKD for my key yesterday.  P.S.:
i have not looked at the protocol, but sigh that not
a standardized checksum over the email address was chosen, like
sha256 or blake2, so that everybody could easily create the thing
by just hashing the address and exporting the key.  But so it is.)

Ciao,

--steffen