pkg-config?

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Sat Jul 21 11:57:09 CEST 2018

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 04:22:19PM +0900, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:

> I understand that adding requirement of pkg-config to the GnuPG
> build is not good.
>
> I think that it is good to provide *.pc file, for the users of
> libraries, even if the GnuPG build process doesn't use pkg-config.

Sounds reasonable to me.

> To be more concrete, how about using a shell script like the one
> at the end of this mail, with config files which is shared
> between the script and pkg-config users?

This might also help me fix a recently discovered issue with the SWIG
builds similar to your own observations with multiple installations of
dev versions versus system versions.

Specifically that SWIG does not appear to be picking up alternative
dependencies passed to configure during the compiling of GPGME if
there are also versions of those dependencies in $PREFIX and/or
$EPREFIX.  I'm still looking into where precisely that information
gets lost.

Regards,
Ben