LibreOffice with gpgme/OpenPGP support for ODF signing and document encryption

Thorsten Behrens thb at libreoffice.org
Tue Jan 30 20:57:33 CET 2018

'evening all,

so to put the chunk of patches I've just sent to this list into
perspective (and also perhaps you've heard about it elsewhere) - we
spent some time last year to provide LibreOffice with a working
OpenPGP backend to the already-existing X509 xml crypto engine.

Which means, for the upcoming LibreOffice 6.0, you should be able to
transparently use your GPG keys for doing the obvious things. On
Windows, OSX, and Linux.

The part that was surprisingly difficult was getting gpgme +
dependencies to build on cygwin+msvc, which is a hard requirement for
LibreOffice on that platform. Still, with the patches on the list now,
the code builds and works (albeit some 5% or so gross hackery remains,
to work around libtool sillyness - this stays downstream until I've
figured out a cleaner way).

Please do reach out for questions; I'll be at FOSDEM this coming
weekend.

All the best,

-- Thorsten