swdb.lst, gnupg21 and gnupg-2.2.0

Phil Pennock gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org
Tue Sep 5 07:17:38 CEST 2017

Folks, is this intended?

  gnupg21_ver 2.2.0
  gnupg21_date 2017-08-28

I have build scripts creating packages for a couple of OS variants which
I care about, using the "latest upstream", and testing the changes to
dual-build gnupg21 and gnupg22 I was "somewhat perplexed" at the results
until I tracked that down.

  gnupg22_ver 2.2.0
  gnupg21_ver 2.2.0
  gnupg20_ver 2.0.30
  gnupg_ver 2.0.30
  gnupg1_ver 1.4.22

I would naively expect that `gnupg21_ver` would refer to the last
release in the 2.1.x series and that at some point in the future a
`gnupg23_ver` entry would appear.

If the above _is_ intended, then will `gnupg21` just be an alias for
`gnupg22` in perpetuity?

Thanks,
-Phil