[GNUPG HEAD] sqlite3 compatibility issue

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri May 19 08:21:00 CEST 2017

On Thu, 18 May 2017 18:19, ineiev at gnu.org said:

> I think that would be more complex. my patch only changes one file,
> it doesn't use conditional compilation, and it actually reduces code
> size. with AC_CHECK_FUNCS, the number of lines would likely increase.

Nope.  We use or will use SQLite also at other places and thus a generic
solution would be the way to go.  However, as of now you can build GnuPG
without SQLite and thus I don't see why we should add backward
compatibility for a niche OS.

As a workaround you could link statically to a decent SQLite version.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner