assertion failure / key-locate local / macOS

Phil Pennock gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org
Sat Mar 4 23:35:25 CET 2017

On 2017-03-04 at 09:45 +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> >   % gpg --auto-key-locate dane --locate-keys phil.pennock at spodhuis.org
> >   gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: Assertion "uid->ref > 0" in free_user_id failed (free-packet.c:310)
>
> Can you please run it also under gdb (or another debugger), set a
> breakpoint at _log_assert and when it gets hit produce a stack backtace
> ("bt full")?

Check mailman administration queue, 69KiB message body got held for
moderation.  Can also shove the backtrace on a server and repost if
you'd rather.

In case Werner spares the list by forwarding to himself instead of
releasing: rebuilt GnuPG on macOS to roughly match Homebrew with a
couple of small changes, done from Git and declaring itself
"2.1.20-beta14" and could still reproduce issue; backtrace in lldb, with
full variables via some Python lldb extension stuff I found online
reviewed/bugfixed.

-Phil