gpg-agent self-termination when private-keys-v1.d goes away

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jun 13 15:07:00 CEST 2017

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 12:45, justus at g10code.com said:

> For the other platforms, we can periodically stat the directory in the
> thread that manually watches the sockets.

Which I think is anyway the better solution than the non-portable
inotify.  But we also need to consider the implications that we need to
use stat in contrast to fstat; the directory entry might have already
gone while gpg-agent still has a connection and is working fine on the
inode.

Anyway, nothing we should change for 2.2.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner