Follow-up to Crashes with gpg-agent 2.1.18

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Jun 5 22:40:54 CEST 2017

On Sun 2017-06-04 22:35:59 -0500, Matthew Summers wrote:
> It's probably true that for most users, highly parallelized decryption
> operations are rare. However, it's not difficult to demonstrate use
> cases where it's important to handle highly parallelized requests to
> gpg-agent.

It would really help this conversation to document a few of these
real-world use cases.  I appreciate that your demonstration scripts are
narrow and targeted because it helps to isolate the problem, but having
clear real-world cases will help in motivating the fix to actually
get deployed.

Where are highly-parallelized requests to gpg-agent likely to happen?

        --dkg